Saturday, March 03, 2007

ELMGREEN & DRAGSET



Malmö Konsthall
"This is the First Day of My Life"
March 10 – June 6, 2007

The title of Elmgreen & Dragset’s exhibition "This is the First Day of My Life" seems to address the question: What now? What will I choose? How will I deal with this first day? We never choose our first day, our day of birth; somebody else makes that choice for us. From day one, various factors influence our behavioural patterns: Who we are, what we become.
The exhibition "This is the First Day of My Life by Elmgreen & Dragset" is a comprehensive presentation of the artists’ works from 1997-2007. Since 1995 the artists have collaborated on a wide range of performances, interventions and installations. Elmgreen & Dragset have consistently played with and against the exhibition space throughout the vast series of works entitled Powerless Structures. This series challenged architectural, sexual and social structures combined with a critique of institutional spaces.